- About this policy
1.1 Latitude Recruitment Pty Ltd, ACN 615 149 365 (“us”, “we”, or “our”) recognises the importance of your privacy and respects your right to control how your personal information is collected and used.
1.4 Latitude Recruitment is a recruitment company providing recruitment services of both temporary and permanent staff.
“Personal Information” means any information that may identify you, or by which your identity might be reasonably determined. The information you provide us may include, amongst other things, your name, address, email address, and phone number.
“Customer” means a customer of Latitude Recruitment who is a user of the Site and a subscriber of the Services.
- Types of personal information we may collect
3.1 We may collect the following personal information:
- (a) your contact details including your name, email address and contact phone number;
- (b) your business or company name;
- (c) your residential address;
- (d) your tax file number, banking and superannuation information;
- (e) employment history;
- (f) passport & visa information;
- (g) your payment and billing information, which we use to bill you for the Services and to process your payments, including credit card details;
- (h) details regarding conversations we have had with you; and
- (i) other information relevant to you that relates to the Company.
3.2 We may also collect sensitive information about you (such as your criminal record or health information) if you consent and it is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
3.3 We automatically collect through our Site and Services, information that is often not personally identifiable, such as the website from which visitors came to our Site, IP address, browser type and other information relating to the device through which they access the Site. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we have collected about Customers.
- How we use personal information
4.1 Personal information collected by us will generally only be used or disclosed for the purpose it was collected. We may from time to time use personal information for another purpose where it would be reasonably expected by you or if allowed by law, including:
- (a) to efficiently and effectively maintain your account and contact details;
- (b) to provide our Services to Customers, including to generate aggregate reports for Customers about service usage;
- (c) to respond to requests or inquiries from Customers, to communicate with Customers about their accounts, and for similar customer-service-related purposes;
- (d) to process Customer payments and to assess charges for our Services;
- (e) to effectuate or enforce a transaction or agreement with a Customer;
- (f) to tailor the information we send or display to Customers, including to market our Services or opportunities to attend events or seminars;
- (g) to analyse our Services or internal operations;
- (h) to provide Customers with information about our company or Services that we believe may be of interest, including to send marketing and promotional e-mails;
- (i) to improve our Site, offerings or Services and to better understand how Customers access and use our Site and Services, on an aggregated and individualized basis;
- (j) where disclosure or its use is required or authorised by law;
- (k) to administer our Site and keep it safe and secure;
- (l) in preparation and distribution of the statements for handling mail;
- (m) in the process of procuring advice from legal and accounting firms, auditors, contractors, consultants and other advisors;
- (n) to provide you with notices required under legislations, including but not limited to the Corporations Act 2001(Cth);
- (o) any other purpose for which you have consented.
4.2 The information you give us is used to provide you with a Service. Sharing of your personal information, such as your name and employment history are necessary to secure interviews with potential employers. We will obtain your consent before providing any sensitive information such as police checks.
4.3 Sharing of information will be limited to partners or third partners who are integral to providing our services. We may also use in aggregate or non-personally identifying information about Customers or for market analysis, research, marketing or other purposes.
- Access and accuracy
5.1 Subject to exceptions allowed by law, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to seek its correction. Please contact us (at our contact details provided below) to request for access to your information, or if you
have a complaint concerning your information privacy.5.2 We may decline a request to access or correct personal information where allowed under the Australian Privacy Principles and use reasonable endeavours to provide you with our reasons in writing.5.3 Depending on the circumstances, we may charge you reasonable costs for providing access to your personal information. There is no fee for lodging a request for access.
- How we store personal information
6.1 We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification or disclosure. If we no longer require the use of your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.6.2 The internet is not always a secure environment. If you use the Internet to send us any information, it is sent at your own risk. Our websites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.6.3 Personal information may be stored electronically through third party data centres, which may be located overseas, or in physical storage at our premises or third party secure storage facilities.
- How We Disclose Personal Information
7.1 We may disclose any of the Personal Information we collect or receive through our Site and Services as follows:
- • Our employees and related bodies corporate;
- • to our contractors or third party service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- • our professional advisors and agents
- • payment systems operators such as merchants or third party payment providers;
- • in response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- • to protect or enforce our rights or property;
- • in the event of the sale or dissolution (bankruptcy) of assets, in whole or in part, of Latitude Recruitment or any of its affiliates; and
7.2 In addition, we may share aggregate or non-personally identifying information with selected third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
7.3 We will not disclose, sell, share or trade your Personal Information to any third parties unless we first receive your consent.
- Career Applications
Employment applications and resumes collected by us are safely and securely stored and only used for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Analytics
9.6 We may also engage third parties, including Google Analytics, to track and analyze Site activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Site. The information generated by these cookies (including your truncated IP address) is transmitted to and stored by Google, and other third party providers, on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your, and other users’ use of our website, mobile website, compiling reports for us on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
9.7 We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyse usage of the Site.
- Third-Party Links
- Direct Marketing Materials
- Consent to transfer information outside Australia
We may disclose your personal information to organisations in other countries. Recipients may include:
- (a) Anyone that you have consented for us to disclose personal information to;
- (b) Our related entities, employees or officers;
- (c) External service providers that may assist us in our business providing administration, information technology or other services;
- (d) External service providers, if necessary for us to provide you with requests products or services;
- (e) Cloud providers and storage, data processors; and
- (f)Any other person or entity required by law.
We take appropriate measures to keep your Personal Information secure. We hold your Personal Information in a combination of hard copy and electric files. We use commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect the security of the Personal Information that we collect or receive, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and SSL to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Despite taking appropriate measure to protect personal information used and collected by us, please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. We cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us via the internet and such transmission is at your risk. You are solely responsible for the maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and other account information pertaining to our Platform, apps or services.
- Access to and Correction of Your Information
You can access and/or correct your Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to contact us in order to keep your Personal Information up to date. We will update your Personal Information within a reasonable time and may need to charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to your request, for example, where Personal Information is held in security. We may deny access to Personal Information if required by law or where the information may relate to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
- Complaints or Enquiries
email@example.comIf you are not satisfied with our response you are entitled to contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner, by phoning 1300 363 992 or writing to the Director of Complaints, Office of the Federal Privacy Commissions, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.